View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 02:22 PM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNMac
... Now I keep seeing references to the psi limits for rims being stamped on the backside of the rim.
Deb -

Are the markings in your photo on the backside of the rim, or the inside of the rim? Often they are found on the inside - the part that is covered by the tire once the tire is mounted. Handy huh? So you may not find the marking unless you dismount the tire, then remount it, then (of course) re-balance it.

Another way to get an idea is via the valve stems, presumed to have been originally installed on the wheel. See this
https://www.etrailer.com/question-230756.html

Can you identify the maker of the wheel? If so, you can query them, probably on their web site. Last week I went through this same question. I upgraded from TM's OEM LR-D tires (65 psi) to new LR-E tires. After the tire jockey mounted them and inflated them to 78 psi, he mumbled "Gee I wonder if the wheels can take that pressure." So I deflated them to 72 and we continued the trip. When we got home, I shot off a query to HiSpec, the wheel maker, explaining the situation with the D-to-E conversion. They immediately responded "They will easily handle 80 psi".

My trailer also had the proper valve stem for 80 psi

So I am resting easier.

Good luck.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote