View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 12:31 PM   #13
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Once again, sorry to resurrect an old post... just put new tires on (came to me w/ original Marathons, on 15" steel rims, 225/75 R15 - 2007!!) Shop guy filled them to 60 psi.

I went with Carlisle Trail HD Radials, load range E. Now I keep seeing references to the psi limits for rims being stamped on the backside of the rim. I can't find anything that says anything about psi on mine. I am still inclined to run at 65 psi, since I really do not carry much - dishes, cutlery, a few pots n pans, basic food, some water (not a lot) some clothes and that is about it.

Attached is a pic of what is stamped on the backside of my rim... Anything there that would be code for max psi rating? That 15 x 6 C (I think). Is that C an indication of the psi? FYI, tires are rated for 80 psi, steel valves. Thanks.

Edit: May have found part of my answer - the psi rating is INSIDE? the rim? Not on the backside? So you can't know unless you take the newly mounted tire back off? Just MHO - that seems silly! Backside would be awkward enough, but inside?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1725.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	22123