View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #16
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Freswick View Post
Bought my Sealand some time ago and just finished installing. it works great but would have followed your pattern. Just one thought. I installed my Sealand and then took it all apart to add one piece. I was a little concerned that the 3 inch rubber connection might wiggle loose. So I bought a metal 3 inch mounting bracket (<$2.00). I mounted it it on the floor and had it drop down. Now there is a bracket holding the piping under the tank up, not just the hose clamps. I am glad I used the rubber connection (that came with the Sealand) rather than a pipe connecter because if I ever need to remove anything (as I already did for the bracket) the task was and will be far easier. I also cheated and used shark-bite fittings for the fresh water. Everything is connected and leak free after being tested with a direct connection to my home water supple. Ready for the new season. Once again, great idea.
I had to do something similar. I also used a rubber collar with clamps to connect to the down spout of the Sealand. Then another one to reconnect the grey water pipe after having to cut it for moving everything over an inch.

I was then getting a small amount of "sag" in the outside pipes, just enough to cause a drip where it exits the gray water tank. So I rigged up a hanging strap to support the plumbing at its original height, enough to stop the leak.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote