View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
Liberty Bell

I'm trying to track down and fix a roof leak in my 3124 King TM as well. It is manifesting itself from the center roof trim near the back of the TM, but upon closer inspection, I think it is starting closer to the mid section of the TM. In other words, the main center seam needs to be recaulked along the back side of the trailer. I also noted, however, that one foot of the AC seems to overlap the center seam. So, having not gone up there yet and closely inspected, I'm trying to undersand 1) How do you seal that foot/center seam if it encroaches on the center seam, and 2) how would you know if it is the AC leaking vs the center seam (would the AC leak flow over to the center seam, or leak directly out of unit into interior?

I've read the discussion/debate on various sealers and asked the TM factory last week what they recommened. Current recommendation is a 100% silicone, and clear supposedly adheres a little better than the white. I will probably just use the silicone but I can understand the argument for using somthing stronger as well (fix it once and be done with it).