Thread: Blowout poll?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Default Blowout poll?

I think I have half dozen bookmarks, some dating back years, concerning blowouts and damage caused by them. There has been a lot of discussion about 14 in. vs. 15 in. tires, and how to protect the plumbing. Older posts have even suggested that faulty valve stems may have been a big factor in blowouts.

It might be nice to have what we know collectively about blowouts compiled in one place. The main thing I would like to know is at what age does the chance of a tire blowout significantly go up and how effective are the protective measures some of us have taken. I don't think I would run tires more than 4 years. I am trying to put together a thread with a poll to gather this information. It looks like we can ask 10 questions in a poll. I know heat can be a factor but am not sure how to fit everything in using 10 questions. I suppose anyone that has had a blowout could just write something if they think there is a factor not covered in the poll.

I am looking for some feedback here as to what answers to questions would benefit us all most. Here are some I am considering. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Have you had a blowout?
Have you had a blowout you are sure was from bad rubber valve stems?
Have you had a blowout from tire failure (not road hazard) with 14 in tires less than 3 years old?
Have you had a blowout from tire failure (not road hazard) with 14 in. tires between 3 and 4 years old?
Have you had a blowout from tire failure (not road hazard) with 15 in tires less than 3 years old?
Have you had a blowout from tire failure (not road hazard) with 15 in. tires between 3 and 4 years old?
Have you had tires last more than 4 years without a blowout?
If you had a blowout with mud flaps did it save your pluming?
If you had a blowout with (blowout-absorbing mud flaps) did it save your pluming?
If you had a blowout with a cage did it save your pluming?

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote