Thread: D's or E's
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #7
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Correct to carry 2540# the "D" need to be aired up to 65 PSI, which on my TM means it would weigh in around 5,600 lbs. I would run my "D" per the PSI of the tire chart of the tire manufacture for that tire and load it carried. I have always felt that tires are designed to have a certain foot print on the road. Over inflate it's to small, under inflate it's to large.

That what I do with my cars indirectly. The car manufacturer put an over rated tire on the car, if I take the GVWR and the sum of the max load of all tires. They have me air them up to something like 30 to 34 psi. But to carry the load rating of the tire the sidewalls has 40PSI max. I air them up to what the auto manufacture puts on the door jam to get the better ride, handling and better tread wear by airing them up to the proper inflation which the auto manufacture has defined, I'm sure with assistance of the tire manufacture. But by doing this the auto manufacture give me a stronger construction tire. The same thoughts I have with putting over rated 'D" on my TM

"E" would be even better with the larger margin.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote