View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 03:42 PM   #1
ccc6588

Default Toilet Leak Question

Several weeks ago I took my virgin trip. Unfortunately, it was not a pleasant experience. While preparing for the dump station, I followed all the recommendations posted on this site with regards to the toilet.

From the inside of the trailer, I pulled the toilet valve. When I went to close the shell from the outside, I noticed that the blue toilet water was leaking pretty badly at the bottom wall right below the toilet. I was aghast and didn't know what to do. I was afraid of doing damage to the floor, wall, etc. so I opened the outside valve right there at the campsite.

I was quite upset since I was looking forward to doing this chore for the first time in my life and have prepared myself for doing it successfully. Never did I realize that I will have a broken toilet. My radio had also popped off when I got to the campsite, the window awning screws didn't work properly and the table latch mechanism was out of place and I could not figure out how the darn thing worked. To top it off, the winds were at 30 miles per hour and the cold air was coming through the radio opening so I couldn't sleep much. I may have forgotten these had the toilet worked properly....

Anyway, I went straight to the dealer. I picked it up this weekend and the one day trip dry camping was much better. I haven't tried out the toilet again, but I am crossing my fingers that it will work.

My question is, would the leak cause any long term damage to the floor/wall? The dealer said it would not.

Here is a photo of my TM. She looks beautiful, but I sure wished the folks at TM would have done their jobs right with mine.