View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 02:47 PM   #6
SuperYooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Hey, I'm a Yooper, too. Born in Ramsay, near Ironwood, back in the day when M-28 was gravel all the way across from the Soo.

Re TM's with a slide out. I think you mean TMs that used to have an "SL" suffix, like 2720SL, but now have a "QS" suffix, like 2720QS. They have a couch on a front slide, which is a great setup for two people. The SD/QD series has a dinette in front. If i am wrong, please correct me. This change confuses a lot of people.

As for anything you might have missed, you might go to the Trailmanor.com web site, quickly scan the options list, and see if there are any "must have" or "must not have" items. Today's list won't be totally applicable, but is reasonably stable with time. If you are really detail-oriented, you could look at the site in 2010 or so by using the Wayback Machine (www.archive.org). I think of the swing tongue in particular, which was an option for a long time.

Good luck with your quest. The UP would be a wonderful place to have a TM. During our travels, we've run into a couple folks who run lodges right on the south shore of the Lake.

Bill
Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. 28 sure hasn't gotten any shorter and the Seney Stretch is still like driving across North Dakota twice.

As for options and slides, I really want to keep an open mind about what is available. I have no interest in a bed on that side, hence the slide, but I'm open as to the layout. Same goes for additional options. A swing tongue would be nice to have but I can work around it. Clean, well kept and AC were the most important things. I'm even good with either a Q or K.

My favorite place to camp in the UP is Lake Fannyhoe up in Copper Harbor. About 10 miles before you reach there your cell signal goes away and the temps during the summer are real pleasant.
SuperYooper is offline   Reply With Quote