View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #14
hoverlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper View Post
I think a steel wire broke in the belt and the belt shifted. One down side to radial tires. But you did not have a blowout. We have had that same problem with two different Michelin tires, one on my Van and the other on the DW car. Potholes did it.

I would buy maxxis, but never found a tire shop that stocks them. Not too good if on a trip if you need a tire? One thing is for certain with a trailer: it's not if your will lose a tire? But when?

We have been lucky. We have not been on the side of the road changing tires since the 90's. We have had some tires go bad that we caught when inspecting them.

I have had very good luck with Goodyears and they are available across the county at tire shops. Goodyears seems to have had a bad spell ending about 3-4 years ago that lasted about 3 years. But I'm not hearing the issues for tires made during the last 3-4 years or before that spell.

I know there has been problems with goodyears on the TM form. But did TM every make a camper without Goodyear's. So any problem with original TM tires are going to be goodyears? It seems to me that all trailers forms talk about tires problems.

Kumho, I have heard good things about. But can not get past thinking of them a bicycle tires.

I think that is what failed...a wire, or wires in the belt. I neglected to check the inside when the tire was off the rim before shipping back to Tire Rack, but the outside tread for about 100 degrees of the tire was pinched so the tire walls in that area were closer together than the rest of the tire and the tread in that area was bubbled up.
hoverlover is offline   Reply With Quote