View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 07:39 AM   #1
Axeman

Default A few questions from an owner wannabe

I’ve been looking at TMs over the last year and seriously shopping for the past couple months, primarily looking at used units. I’ve experienced what many others have - too few quality units that meet our needs/wants at a reasonable price and when you do find them, they move very quickly. I’ve lost out on three units I was pursuing in the last few weeks.

We’re looking nationwide, and would like to find a 2013 or 2014 2720 SL/QS, but I’m realizing we’ll need to be flexible on the year/model if we find a quality unit at the right price.

A few questions I would greatly appreciate your input on:
  • Are there “good” and “bad” model years? I’ve read a few comments about quality issues with 2015s, but not sure if this is perception or reality.
  • Assuming a unit has been properly used, maintained and stored, how old of a TM can I purchase without expecting a lot of work, component replacement, etc.? I expect some maintenance and minor repair, but don’t want to buy a “project”.
  • I’ve looked at NADA for baseline info on pricing. Are there other sources you would recommend?

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!
Axeman is offline   Reply With Quote