View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 02:28 PM   #7
Marklee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
Are you having trouble pushing forwards and starting the downwards motion? Or - if you get it mostly down, and then have trouble: Does it come to rest too high at BOTH the far rear (off the bumper) and the "middle" end, rest or does it rest too high only above the stirrups and latches at the middle end?

In pushing downwards, lowering the hitch tongue helps much more during the start of the lowering, where the lowered tongue jack helps you push the shell towards the front. It doesn't help so much at the end, when the final motion is nearly vertical.
- - -
If the trouble is at the end, then the problem is not your height - it's your lighter body weight in the stirrups, and slight mis-adjustments (too strong) in one or more of the lift bars.

I think that you live only 30 miles from me. If you want to drive up here with your TM in tow, I'd be happy to work with you in adjusting the tension/strength on your torque bars, while you're parked in front of the house. PM if interested.
Larry JB, thanks so much for your replies! Actually, the rear comes down ok, it's just that last shove to lock in place. We had the trailer down in Pomona for adjustments and have only used it once since. Forgot where the name of the RV place, but it's actually owned by the TM inventors son, Scott, so we've heard they're really good at adjustments. We've only used it once since, so I think we'll try everything else before we start adjusting. BUT: We really appreciate your offer to help with adjustments! I'd happily drive 30 or some miles north for your help before I'd be willing to go down to So Cal again! That was horrid driving through Cajon Pass and so on with the trailer.

Also, not sure if both sides come down equally. We usually do it as a team, so neither of us is standing back and watching. We'll check that next time. And maybe we'll try our 'enforcer' from the WDH for the last little bit (LOL).

Again, thanks so much!
Tacoma 4 X 4
Marklee is offline   Reply With Quote