View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 09:29 PM   #10
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
"You may want to be very careful about the "Legal and technical advice" that you receive on the internet."

"I can guaranty you that your company would be named in a civil suite, especially if they have deep pockets. You could also find yourself being charged with criminal negligence. It's best to get the facts and use them to your advantage rather than ignore them."
Harvey,
You're way out of bounds here.

First, you're not a lawyer and you shouldn't be giving people legal advice. You can't spell "civil suit" let alone address the issues involved in establishing the proper case for one. You certainly can't guarantee ANYTHING.

Second, If you happen to know of a single case anywhere in America where a trial judge had the attention span to get down to the liabilities presented by a recreational vehicle that's 15% overweight to make it "criminal negligence", please share it with us. Our TrailManor owners have trouble figuring through the numbing details of these things, and I'd be surprised to hear of police or judges who weren't satisfied with "failure to maintain control of a motor vehicle", "driving too fast for conditions", or "following too closely behind another vehicle" in favor of much harder to prove charges.

And Third, There are a lot of variables, some of which can cause accidents and some which just cause transmission repairs, and it's not always easy to know which is which. The presence or absence of a transmission cooler doesn't seem like a safety item to me.

Let's allow the justice meted by our wives and warranty holders to prevail in cases of equipment failures, instead of prematurely involving the lawyers and courts!
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote