View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Ryan_CET

Default T&C will tow

I tow our TM SD2720 with our 2007 T&C and it pulls just fine, even through the hills of Ga and SC. The Town & Country Touring or Limited Edition both have a 3.8 L engine so there's no problem with power. It's rated at 3500 with a class III hitch and we have the equalizer weight distribution which brings it up to 4K, and the 3.8 already has the HD alternator. I do recommend the transmission cooler, and if your van has any miles on its a good idea to have the tranny flushed and a filter change. I had mine installed at U-haul and the tranny work done at the dealer. Remember to tell U-Haul if you have stow&go seats, because their is a difference in the hitches, You have to have a 2x2 receiver to tow a TM. You'll need a seven pin electrical connector and have U-Haul run the extra B+ line with a 40 Amp circuit breaker. U-Haul will put you in a Valley HD brake controller which is a timed controller. They are a little bit of a pain to set up but they work great and fit nice on the lower dash just to the right of the steering colum. Also ask you Uhaul dealer to put on a pulse limiter which will prevent the brake controller from applying the brakes if you need to drive with the 4 way flashers on. One last thing... I had new struts and shock put on. The struts are monroe sensatrack and the shocks are heavy duty leveling (the ones with the springs). That really helped with the handling. The way my van is set up I could actually handle a larger size TM, but the wife and I like the layout of the 2720SD.

If you have the 3.3L T&C...time to upgrade.

Ryan_CET
Merritt Island, Fl