View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #22
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

We had our 2011 Elkmont 26 roof fixed locally by an rv repair shop. Jeff had done work on my wheel bearings on my old 2002 3326 King, and I knew that he was reputable. The factory (Ed) approved the repairs. Ed sent me the new caulking that they are now using to have Jeff redo all of the roof seams and vents on the roof. So far it has worked to solve the leaks. It will be a year in September since it was done, and we have used it numerous times so far. This Spring, we sure had plenty of rain & terrible wind driving storms and no problems.

We had the factory put the decorative wall board on all of the outside walls in the kitchen & bath and bath tub area. It really dressed it up. Also, they put a mirror like they use on the regular TrailManors for the bathroom door. We didn't care for the flooring that looked like fake wood, so they used the gray colored vinyl that is in the bathroom also in the kitchen dinette area. It really came out nice. The bedroom area of course still has the carpet. I also had them put the small handle that they use by the outside of the door on the smaller Elkmonts inside of the doorway to make it easier for people to exit.

We really love the Elkmont 26 once we had the leak problem solved. I could not have asked for better service from Ed to get my problem solved locally instead of travelling 120 miles one way to the dealer. Most of the time I get about 11-12 miles per gallon pulling the Elkmont with my 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 with the Hemi. This is travelling about 65 mph on the interstates in all kinds of terrain. I got the same mileage pulling my old 3326 with my Durango which also had a Hemi with less horsepower & torque.

The best thing about the Elkmont is the ease of towing, and being able to stop & get inside the trailer to eat or use the toilet or get something from the refrig which is huge compared to the old TrailManor's refrig.

I hope this helps you out with your decision. I would not be afraid to buy another new Elkmont knowing that TrailManor has the problems solved with the new units being built. With the NEW TRAILMANOR COMPANY and management, I think they are trying hard to get the best quality product built the first time around. Repair work can be very costly. Get it done right the first time, and you will have a happier customer, and dealer.