View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohlraum View Post
Yeah basically my Fiancé's biggest hold out is "we could buy a brand new trailer for this much" and her concerns about moisture/drafts the set-up etc. She keeps referring to it as a 'pop-up' lol. Trying to give her a say in all purchases from here on out

Another thing I was curious about is the use of the scissor jacks on the TMs. The seller was pretty adamant about never trying to use the scissor jacks on the TM for levelling; they should only be used for stabilization. Said to only level the TM at the wheels (using shims under the wheels on one side for example if the pad isn't flat. That seems contrary to what I've seen other people use their jacks for on travel trailers. Is this due to the lightweight construction of the custom TM frame or indicative of some other issue with the TM not being disclosed? Maybe something specific to this the largest of the TMs?
Well.....if she has a problem with it being a "Pop-Up", then, that's a problem because that's exactly what it is. It's the ultimate "Pop-Up" as apposed to being a "Crank-up.....

As for the levelers.......well, any trailer should have the initial leveling done with blocks of some sort under the low side tire(s) unless it has power-levelers that are designed for that. The manual levelers can do some minor leveling and in some cases, all of the leveling. The frame on the TM is very strong and not as conducive to bending or twisting as the traditional "Pop-up".

MY TM has electric levelers on it and I can level up to about 1 1/2". Although, I normally use Lynx Leveling blocks http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...set-of-4/24732 , to save wear & tear on my electric levelers (now 12-years-old).