View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohlraum View Post
Looking at a possible purchase on a 2004 3326K in the low teens. Seems to be in pretty good shape. Looks like the current owner has been pretty frugal with the caulk gun but from the sounds of it that's par for the course with TMs as they age

Few things I'm curious about:

1. Was told that the AC unit in this needs the 30A to work. Is that still the case even with the newer ones?

2. Do the newer trailers have more circuits to handle small appliances better etc?

3. My fiance seems to be pretty put off by the idea of the seals and the insulated flaps. She's convinced that being able to see daylight at various points/seams around the trailer equates to moisture/drafts etc.

4. How would you compare a new Ameri-lite with this 04. You still think the TM is a better quality purchase over all?

5. What about going with a newer TM for 5-6k more. Worth it or is a good deal on a '04 3326K something to not pass up?
Thanks for the input.
Sounds like a pretty good deal on an '04 3326TM (if everything works). I know nothing about the Ameri-lite but I believe it is an upright travel trailer. Kinda camparing apples to oranges. Two completely different concepts. I will tell you that the TM will tow easier and fit in most garages better.

Be sure to get the date codes on the tires and batteries. If they haven't been replaced, you'll want to figure that into the cost of purchasing this trailer.

I can tell you that moisture and drafts are not a problem in any TM that I know of, if it is set-up correctly. Our TM is a '98 and has none of these issues.

The AC on the '04 works off of a 20A breaker (like most all single AC campers), however the 30A power cord must be pugged in. It can be plugged into a 15A outlet (with an adapter). The 15A outlet will usually run the AC but no other 110V items could be run at the same time. If you are plugged into a 30A outlet (found at most campgrounds), you will be able to run multiple items.