View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #9
djkeltn

Default close the loop, we bought one

I just wanted to say thank you again for this forum and for the comments on my post. We wanted to close the loop and say that we did indeed make the big step. We purchased a new 2009 3124 KS.

Just a few observations… I towed the 2005 trailer to the deaer and towed the new TM back home. As you all said, there was a world of difference. The TM was so easy to tow, especially compared to the older heavier trailer. Gas mileage improved about 5 miles per gallon.

Our concern about space was unfounded, the 3124 has a good amount of space and almost everything fit from the larger trailer. The few things that did not fit in the TM (like camping chairs, grill and some other larger stuff fits fine in the pickup).

Everything has checked out so far. One of your checklists really helped. We are headed camping Monday to test everything in the real world…

I am looking forward to meeting some of you TM owners and learning more about all these very special trailers. I have already had neighbors stop by and look her over. One neighbor, who is a pilot, was really impressed with the technology. I guess I better get used to that!