View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

I've owned both a 29 foot travel trailer and a 37 foot motorhome in the past.

The TrailManor offers these advantages:
- Durability (aluminum structure and skin, great service history from what I read on this board)
- Fuel economy that makes RV travel affordable
- The TM allows RV ownership without needing to drive a gas hog every day for the other 95% of your driving, or alternatively needing to have an expensive motorhome powerplant sitting idle in the storage yard
- When you're traveling, your tow vehicle fits into cities, ordinary parking places, and parking garages
- No offense, but a big travel trailer is a monster on the road, no matter what you tow it with. It's the one RV I can confidently state that I would never do again.
- Maneuverability. A big motorhome or TT is a lot harder to get into campsites, restaurant parking lots, and narrow roads. The motorhome with a towed car also has the problem that it can't be backed up (this can be stressful in parking lots and that time we took a wrong turn onto a small road that kept getting smaller on a dark rainy night in Idaho)

Disadvantages of a TM
- It has to be set up (you could, but probably wouldn't, do the 10 minute setup to use the TM bathroom at a gas stop)
- The bed is harder, and requires a more athletic entrance
- You have to travel lighter
- You have to bend over to use the refrigerator
- The TM shower is functional, but in pretty close quarters
- The FW and holding tanks are smaller
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote