View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I've never owned a conventional TT, but after staying several nights in one owned by a family member, I will say that while in theirs, I really miss all the windows in our TM. There are more of them, making for a brighter, cheerier interior. You are after all, camping, there to experience the outdoors.

They also have experienced several roof leaks, and our TM is even a bit older than their TT. Not only is it inconvenient when it rains inside the TT, but he has had to rip apart the entire adjoining wall section, and part of the roof, to repair the leak because the interior particle board or plywood has swollen from the water. While I sense that the frequency of leaks among TM's is probably significantly lower than conventional TT's, I also sense that repairing a TM roof leak would be much less eventful, as there are no composite materials to swell. Just fix the leak, and you're done. No restorative measures needed.

I do like their larger refrigerator. But theirs does not run on 12v. I also like having the cabinets at eye level much more so than being down near the floor, but that's also the only reason we have so many windows. It's a trade off.

Our TM has a comparable amount of space, and weighs half as much.

I've toured the manufacturing facility of a Class A motorhome factory....the brand is virtually a household name. After taking that tour, which has many of the same manufacturing techniques as a conventional TT, I really don't know why anyone would by one. Crude, sloppy, and QA isn't exactly what I would call consistent, or even present.

But I am picky when it comes to that stuff, and TM's aren't perfect either. I just think they are better....and you pay more for that quality.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote