View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
jellis

Kelly,
Welcome to the clan. TrailManors are wonderful and the factory is great...BUT, for some reason, they are very hesitant to publish exactly what is available on various models. Your best bet, IMHO, is to join this forum and do thorough research. I just happened on it while looking at TMs, and found a wealth of information that wasn't available from the dealer or from brochures. The best example is the 40-gallon fresh water tank (twice the normal capacity) available on some models. I ordered it after reading about it here and it has really come in handy in campgrounds with no city water connection at the campsite. To this day, I haven't seen it mentioned in any brochure...you just have to know. Other such items include lift kits (standard on some models), heavier axles and top-half screens for the entrance door. When we ordered our original TM in 2006, the interior fabrics shown in the brochure were no longer available, even though they were still sending out that brochure from the factory at the time.
No one seems to know why they do this, but I'm sure they have their reasons. The brochures recently have gotten better. For instance, they now have the powered front lift and bike rack included in optional equipment.

None of this diminishes the quality of the product or the company. Both are great. But it can be difficult to find everything that's available before you buy. We were very fortunate to find this forum before we plunked down a substantial sum for a new one, probably the only one we'll ever be able to buy.

Join the forum; it's well worth the money, for this and many other reasons.

Jon