View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #15
riverrat

Dixielou,
Thanks very much for the detailed responce. I have really enjoyed driving our RL and hope to be able to purchase our TM soon. The possibility of a 3326k would resolve the retirement rig question for us. Thanks for the tip re Amsoil. I had heard about this but had not checked into it. I have been to the piney rolling hills of east Texas. Grew up in Marlin just south of Waco. Planning a trip that way soon. My parents live at Lake Somerville.
We purchased the RL for essentially the same reasons, great comfortable everyday vehicle but with intent of towing a TT. One question are you happy with the Mckesh mirrors on the RL? I though of trying to find some that attach with three arms to the front fender well and the joint between the hood and fender. I used this type for years on a full size Ford wagon towing a Jayco J king tent trailer back in the 70's. However I think the left front post might obstruct my vision since the attachment point would be closer to the driver than on the long hood of the old Ford wagon.
Oh if you are considering a shell for the RL, we recently got a Leer shell. It is comparitively expensive but so far as I know Leer is the only one making a shell for the RL so far. However, it is a very nice shell, headliner, interior light (which is really not necessary as you know), the rear window opens by itself when unlocked and the side windows open a little at the bottom to vent (with screens) incase you have a pet in the back. I also got the Thule rack with the top mounted tracks that you can get factory installed. I also got a removable rack to mount on the RL cab up front so we can carry our canoe. Anyway, the color match is very good and overall the unit seems to be very good quality. Time will tell.
OOPs this was supposed to be a Quick Reply. Hope to hear back form you soon.