View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
clgish

Default Generator? Solar Panel? Dealer?

I'm considering buying a new 2007 3023 from theTM dealer in Colorado Springs and towing it with an 03 Toyota Sequoia V8. I've never owned an RV before.

1. Generator?
Does anyone have any opinions on whether I will need to purchase one or more generators. I live in Las Vegas, NV and will likely be using the TM in the southwestern states during the summer months.

If I should get a generator(s), what size, how should it be mounted, and where would be the best place to purchase one? Should I ask the dealer to mount it?

2. Solar Panels?
Whether I have a generator or not, I will be getting solar panels of some type. The dealer is discouraging me from purchasing the factory roof mounted 80 watt solar panel system because of the $1000 price tag. They state they can sell me an 80 watt tripod solar panel for approx. $400. I am concerned that my idiot dogs might knock over the tripod. Additionally, I am not thrilled about storing the tripod panels inside the TM or about having to set it up everytime I camp. Therefore, I am much more inclined to spend the extra money on the roof mounted system. Does anyone besides my wife think I'm crazy ?

3. Dealership?
Does anyone have any opinions regarding the Colorado Springs dealership? They claim they are the best in the country for "dealer prep" of TMs. I could save approximately $500 by purchasing from the dealership in Anaheim, CA but the Colorado dealership says the Anaheim outfit won't do as good of a job prepping. Are the folks in Colorado full of it, or not?

Sorry for asking so many questions in one post. Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thank you?