View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #9
commodor47
Site Sponsor

We purchased our 2003 2720 SL used in February of 2004 from a private party in Wilmington, NC. The only problem we had was with the Winguard power antenna. When connected to the television, the reception would all but disappear when the power button was turned on. Chasing the problem revealed a ground fault somewhere between the connector in the area behind the refrigerator and the antenna. I was resolved to pulling a new cable but decided to call MCD (dealer) in Hyannis. Dana quickly figured out the problem was probably in the connector at the base of hand crank for the antenna. He was right on. I removed the antenna crank cover (inside the trailer) and was able to retrieve the connector. The center (hot) wire had all of its insulation removed. In place of the insulation was a glob of silicone. Over time the silicone had pulled away allowing the center wire to ground out. I attached a new connector leaving the proper amount of insulation on the hot wire and that solved the problem. The power antenna works great! No other problems have cropped up in our travels . . . other than normal maintenance.

Installed a 2" (bolt on) receiver to the back bumper of the TM . . . don't recall the cost of the receiver -picked it up at MCD.
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote