View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
angler_2

Default worth the problems

Thanks for all the info so far. We're pretty sure that the configuration and trailer type is right for us. We're back packers and tenters and also have owned full size fifth wheels, and lived in class A rvs for several weeks... so we've experienced the full spectrum of camping. We've looked over TMS very closely at dealers etc. I think we've basically decided that the TM has all the features we want weighing gas mileage and ease of towing, really don't know any other that would fit the bill. We want some thing more than tents to set up now that we're older and don't need something very fancy nor one thatprovides the most modern conveniences. Want something light for our liberty jeep diesel to pull with good gas mileage. We'd get a regular pop up except for two things..... we camp in some chilly weather and in places that require hard sided campers for bears. As a bear attack victim... this is a major concern of mine. Guess we're just getting some cold feet about putting this much money down. So... mainly interested in whether the TM has some systemic problems related to maintenance and break down. Since they hold value so well and I read so many good things from owners, I doubt this but seem to come across the door and latch problems pretty frequently on the web.
On the hi-low verses trailmanor, I'll drop you and email as I'm curious and want to talk to as many epxereinced owners as possible but we have discounted the hi-low due to the weight. We have some friends who have a hi-low and are very pleased with it but don't think it's for us (they pull it with a full size truck.)

Thanks for all your words of wisdom. so far.. . keep it coming. This forum really has a lot of good info!