View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
Glenn in TN

We towed our 2619 for several years with a 97 Dodge Caravan. It had the 3.3 l. engine and automatic. I was afraid the transmission would be too lightweight, but it was still good when we got rid of it in the summer of 2004 with @140K on it. The only time I saw a heavy load in it was on a trip to Arkansas. Their hiways are smoothed off hills with asphault. Some pulls up those hills were hard, especially since my wife is going to do the speed limit no matter what (and she has to drive in the hills)! We did have a class 3 hitch and a very tall hitch mount, but no WDH or sway bar, although our hitch installer and TM dealers said we would need. Our Escursion we have now doesn't have those either, but I doubt comes close to needing.

We can sleep 6 easily, but care needs to be taken with the table bed. The very corners of the table will not take a direct step from even a lightweight child without breaking off. Ours has been broke for years. I've noticed that our seat cushions are not very good to sit on for a long period of time. We spend most of our time outdoors (as campers should)!