View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
BobRederick

Curt

I cannot run my refrig off the 12V or it runs my TM battery down. I have an '04 3326KS with the battery in the far tail-end. Bill has measured this model and found the fully charged TM battery provides 1 Amp of current into the refrig under this condition. Of course if you stop for lunch or otherwise, your TM battery will be delivering the full 10 or so Amps the refrig draws until you start up & go again.
The problem is not in the TM but in the harness in the TV where small wiring and several connectors drop the voltage excessively to provide reasonable charge.

This is marginally tolerable if you are using hookups. The problem is it can run the battery too low. This decreases the charge capacity of the battery in the future. When dry camping it is intolerable to arrive in camp with a partially charged battery.

Other people seem to be getting along ok using 12V, and it may be those with battery up front. Some have put a switch in so they can turn the refrig off when they stop.

I have been running my refrig on 110V until leaving, pulling the plug when I leave, and not running it while on the road. Put frozen blue ice in to help keep it cool. Refreeze the blue ice in the TM before breaking camp.

Bob