View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 07:02 AM   #3
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Recomment 3124KB

I have the 2720SL (the 3124KS's little brother) which has exactly the same front slide area that the 3124KS has. Those TM living room type overstuffed chairs are quite comfy but they take a lot of room. The front slide bed is definitely too small for more than one adult or teenager and with two chairs in the area (and all the other paraphernalia that gets loaded for a trip), I seriously doubt you could squeeze in an air mattress for your other teen. At least without either a blocked aisle to the back or a high chance of being stepped on.

And then there's the issue of dining...the two foldout tables in the slide are awfully small to handle dining for four. Yes, you can put the center panel in but that basically locks in whoever's sitting on the couch.

IMHO, all of the front slide models are basically two person quasi-luxury travel trailers with the ability to occasionally accomodate one overnight adult/teenage guest (or maybe two preteen kids). If you want reasonably comfortable sleeping/eating capabilities for a family of 4 (especially when the kids are in their teens), you'd be much better off with one of the front bed models and the 3124KB is the roomiest of those.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote