View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 04:28 PM   #33
Joelthewelder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
Be careful about how small you go. The Coleman A/C on the roof of most RV's is (supposedly) 13,500BTU but they are horribly inefficient.

At one time, I had a 1998 2720 TrailManor and it had a 10,000BTU (window) A/C unit that was mounted about knee level, in the cabinetry, next to the stove. That's where the factory installed them at that time. Because of the way that the unit was installed, it wasn't very efficient. The TrailManor that I bought didn't have A/C at all so I installed a new 10,000BTU unit in the same place but I redesigned the airflow to the compressor unit so that it circulated better. It worked a lot better then the factory installation. However, trying to get cold air to rise is a challenge and the real failing of that installation location.
The factory rooftop unit on mine draws 1200 watts when running, i can run it on my batteries for 7 hours if i maxed the capacity but i dont want that. This vintage wall shaker is loud but it produces a lot of cooling for a small foot print. (Fits under the couch and in the window)
Joelthewelder is offline   Reply With Quote