View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Sounds good. I will point out what is obvious to me... A dent here, a crack here, a broken pole there? It's definitely used! Mine is an 2002 and I don't have any of those issues. When you say you checked everything out, does that mean you were able to turn on the AC and let it get cold air? Was the refridgerator cold and freezer frozen when you checked it out. Could you feel hot water from the tap at the sink when the water was run? Did all the interior lights work? Is the park 30a cord all one piece when you pulled it out of the holding area or was it spliced anywhere with a new end? Did you light the stove and oven and check for flame? The water heater works on electric and propane, did you check both modes? The refridgerator works on 12v, 110a and propane. Did you check all three modes?

Sorry for the list, but that's what I would be checking out. The guy used his TM and is ready to assist you as a buyer, but do yourself due diligence and check it out thoroughly. Any items not working properly is not a deal breaker, but can reduce the price based on repair.

This is an expensive transaction and not one to be taking lightly no matter how friendly the seller is. I would be in the $14k range. The options that are on the TM are standard options, not value added options. IMHO....

Good luck, RV

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote