View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
woodlandcottage
Site Sponsor

Red face About to say yes to our new TM!

Saw a 2009 2619 today, private seller, in very good/garage kept condition. The only issues that came up were a tiny leak around the front fan that the owner will re-caulk and it was pouring rain today to check that out, a dent/crack in the upper portion of a hanging cabinet that isn't noticeable when hung, a chip in one bit of counter edging, a broken pole to open the awning(although the awning is fine)and dirty curtains. Everything else works well. The TM has been modified with a double tow receiver on the back to hold a cargo carrier. Included in the asking price is the cargo carrier, memory foam mattress topper, waste hose props, leveling blocks and weight distributing blocks, solar panel, rooftop a/c, 2 marine batteries with hard sided battery box, 30 gallon fresh water tank, a brake controller for our TV, and a 6 month old generator that costs about $2K new.
I live in Colorado where TM's are usually priced about 30% above NADA. This is priced right around NADA(with factory extras added in of course). My hubby and I decided to call in the morning and get it. The seller will hold it for us until then.
I wanted to spend closer to $10K than $20K and I really would have preferred the 2720 with a swing hitch but I'm pretty confident that the 2619 will fit in our garage without a swing hitch and will be 98% as satisfying as the 2720 with the queen bed. The seller's seemingly fair asking price of $16K and its close distance to our home makes me want to jump on it. I've been resigned to the idea that I was going to have to travel and lose a weekend to picking up a TM far away(and of course spending money to do that)and this one is an hour away.
What I want to know is there anything else I should check for, any major, glaringly obvious things that would seem odd for a camper newbie to ask about? I have read almost all of the threads here that were posted to help with checking out a used TM but it's all so much information that I'm not sure I was able to ask and see everything essential in our hour tour. We tested everything inside and out and closed and opened the unit. We inspected the roof and underneath. The tires are two years old and the bearings were repacked this spring.
Am I missing anything crucial? He offered to let us hitch it up and tow it around the neighborhood but we don't have a ball mount yet or a 4 to 7 adapter.
I really feel like the seller is a good guy who isn't trying to pawn off a lemon on us.
So are we getting a good deal?
woodlandcottage is offline   Reply With Quote