View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I second Laura's comment about the 2417 Sport. We have one, and have looked at the 2417 Classic. The Classic is 6" wider, and may have larger tires.

We just got back from going from Denver to Utah (Kodachrome St. Park/Escalnte area, and Moab area), towing with a 3 liter diesel. That tows the 2417 great, but it has more torque than your TV.

Our 2417 weighs about 3400 lbs now, ready-to-camp. I have two propane tanks, AC, one battery, 40-gal water tank, shower unit, all the windows available, and 100w solar panel. No awning. So, we have almost all the options, and come in at 3400 lbs, as stated above.

While you could travel with no water, there are many threads that recount arrivals at campgrounds, only to find there was no water available, or the available water was distasteful. I would suggest traveling with at least 10 gallons, to get you through a day, just in case.

Also, the toilet is a cassette, not a recirculating like the larger units. It holds about 3 gallons, and is easy to remove to dump in a vault toilet, or in a special dump basin that many National Park campgrounds have. They all have signs "Don't use for washing dishes" on the door, but many folks still wash dishes in there. They are for dumping cassette toilets like the 2417 has.

Anyway, I wanted to give you real-life weight of a 2417, set for a week of dry camping.

Very much easier to tow than a standard travel trailer. Lower-profile makes a huge difference. Good Luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote