View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
2bcs1jrt

I have a 2518 that is 11 years old. I bought it 2 years ago.
I think that the former Pop Up folks (I am one of them) are the easiest to sell on the TM concept. We are used to some labor involved with set up and tear down but we also like the ease of towing the low profile TT. And the TM is such a step up in comfort!
I continually look for other low profile options and have not found one that has the interior space, light weight, and ease of towing of the TM.

Having said that, I think a lot of folks get tired of the set up and tear down aspect and are willing to drive the big TVs that are required to tow the big TTs for the sake of convienence and ease of arrival and departure rituals.

I can understand their line of thinking and there may come a day when I will no longer want the "hassle" of laboring over the TM (and our stuff) prior to heading out or settling in to our destinations. I think that will be 10 or 15 years down the road for me. (at least I hope so) So for now, I'll stick with the TM as it really is the best of both worlds between a pop up and a hard sided TT.

And yes I hope to own a newer larger one some day.

My 2 cents

Cheri