View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
ragmopp

Wow! Four responses in a little over an hour.

The weight issue. That explains a lot to me. Again, as I have never had a rv with a bath I didn't realize that you would need more weight for the tank and of course the added water. Makes sense.

Regarding the issues, maybe I used the wrong word, but I noticed the comments about flushing the water every few days, whether to keep it charged or not during travel, some folks having problems with the valves. Again, please understand I have NO idea about rv toilets and just thought there must be a better way. But seeing the weight issue I think I now understand why TM went the way they did (I might just call them to find out for sure).

The setup, of course, is just setting the walls up, so I see what you folks are saying that their won't be much difference in time (all things considered) with my current rv. I did help my neighbors set their TM up. They, obviously, don't use their trailer as it took about 20 minuites to get it unfolded. In fact I had to help pull out the front end of the TM. They admitted to not using it more than twice in the 3 years they have had it. Basically uses it as a guest house. Also I don't think where they store it is level. I must guess that it would make a huge difference if the trailer is not level.

Lastly I don't think pulling a 2720 will be an issue (at least I hope not) as I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma. I checked the manual, after reading a lot about that on this forum, and found I have a 6500 limit on the trailer with this truck. Also the GVWR is 11100. The truck is 4000 by itself so allowing roughly 4000 for the trailer and maybe 800 for 'stuff' I think I will be ok. That is unless anyone thinks differently? I do realize that I will need a WDH and even Toyota recomends one.

Thank you all for your feedback. Both the wife and I feel that the TM will be a great improvement over our current rv. I'm sure I will have more questions as I pour over all the info on this site.

Mike Anderson