View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 08:02 PM   #3
USAFCOP

Thank you for the info, Texas Camper, I sent you a bonehead PM, I did not read your post prior to replying to the PM you sent, sorry.

As for the tires, they look good, and the lot I bought it off of had it on consignment, and they are going through all of the systems to ensure it is what it is billed to be and in full working order prior to delivery. I will have to ask them tomorrow if they sell WDH there, just get it all at once if they have the brake controller I want.

Now Bill brought up something... "The lack of wood on newer trailers to keep the weight down"

Does my '94 have a wood frame? I thought it was built the same as the newer ones with the aluminum and steel sheets over the glued styrofoam like stuff. That is what I see when I look inside the nose cabinet above the bed anyway.

The reason I ask is now I am concerned with rot... one of the brackets for the support brace for the front window outside cover (hard one to prevent rocks from hitting window) has a screw that has stripped out. Looks like the wind grabbed it and pulled. Is there wood behind there that could be rotten, or is it just the screw goes into the outer metal wall?