View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I like to bring a lot of stuff with us too, but with the TM I've made an effort to find things to bring along that fit together in a way to minimize the storage space needed for these things. There is quite a bit of storage space in the drawers and cabinets, also under the drawers. In our 2720, there is a lot of space under the drawers next to the rear bed. I keep a lot of stuff under there, spare parts, the dominoes, also a tool kit with the things & parts we need to keep the TM repaired in an old casette tape case. It fits perfectly under there.

Until this last trip I took up a whole drawer with these items, but moved things into smaller cases (I shop the local thrift stores for various-sized cases that aren't available now) that can be stashed at the back of a cabinet, or in the upper front cabinets.

Also, some things I like to keep in the tow vehicle in case we need to get to them. We have two fold-up/roll-up toiletry bags that hang in the bathroom; one of them, with the ibuprofen, bandaids, tums, etc. goes in the tow vehicle. Everything in those bags is in small packages or zipper bags. I restock after each trip before the bag goes back into the TM.

The biggest problem I have is a place for shoes. This last trip, I put our shoes that we wear regularly into a hanging shoe thingey with puffy pockets that hangs over the bathroom wall next to the kitchen sink. My kids wear Vans, and they are big shoes. It's hard to get all of our shoes into the cabinet below the rear bed. This hanging shoe thingey was originally designed to hang over the rear of the bathroom wall for eyeglasses, books, TV remote, etc. for the rear bed area, so I guess I'll have to get another one.

We bought one of those stacked plastic drawer things that I set on the counter next to the wardrobe, we only have one kitchen drawer because our unit had the side a/c. I keep our plastic bags, tin foil, spices, kitchen utensils, clothespins, etc. in those drawers. We usually do a lot of cooking when we camp so these items are necessary for us.

I just keep trying different things, and different arrangements, and this last trip everyone said that we seemed really well organized and that they could find everything (!!!). Wherever I go, I'm always on the lookout for things that I think will make the storage better for us. Everyone's needs are different, and it's kind of a challenge to get things organized in a way that works for you.

But I think we're finally getting there!