View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #8
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I've thought about your questions and related to our experiences while camping with our 13 and 16 year olds.

The things that I like about our 2720 (regular model) is that there is a permanent bed above in the front that my daughter (16) can hang out in. She's the type of kid who likes to read, draw, and listen to music with her headphones, etc. It's a good spot for her to have her own space.

The things that I don't like about it is that (1) we have to take the dinette bed in and out every night for my son's bed and (2) there isn't any place to sit that doesn't block the door with the dinette bed made up. I think a 3023 would be better for us, but we chose the 2720 for it's short length; our driveway is hard to get into and we also like to camp in places that have smaller sites.

We use a fold-up chair sitting in front of the door when we're all inside watching TV at night, my husband sits there, I usually share one of the beds with the kids while the TV is on. When we're camping in the summer, we usually stay outside most of the time so it doesn't matter.

I would lean towards an arrangement where you don't have to do a lot of moving things around, blowing up beds, etc. I think it would be wonderful to have the forward bed, a fold-down couch, and an area where you could put a couple of fold-up chairs (I'd probably get rid of the stock chairs). That way you could all sit comfortably together in the front and have a lot of room to move around if you folded up the chairs.

And I agree with the advice that you should go and look at both models in person before you make up your mind. Bring your blow-up bed and put it on the floor and see how it works.

When we found the TM's on the internet and were thinking about buying one, I found two people on the board that offered to show me their 2720's within 45 miles of our home. Perhaps if there isn't a dealer near your home there might be some TM owners in the area that you could visit, just ask.

Best of luck to you in your search for your TM.