View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 04:54 PM   #11
Happytrails

Default Re:many questions about TrailManor

One thing to consider if you have really tight quarters for where you're to store your TM at home is something that was mentioned a while back on this board. A hitch on the *front* of your TV. My driveway is EXTREAMLY tight, and really hard to get my tm into because I have nothing but woods across the street, and a rock wall on either side of the driveway. I am seriously considering this option as from what people have said, this makes it a LOT easier to park the TM in a tight place. Another option if you have one of those quad runners, which in your case, very may since you live out in the woods kinda, and due to the nature of your hubby's work, is to put a hitch ball on it to park your TM at home. I'm in the auto business, and I happen to know a LOT of garages use them to move dead cars around in and out of bays etc...till they can be repaired. At least this is the *best* option for most small garages over an electric hitch jack as it's about the same cost, and you can do a LOT more with it than simply move trailers/vehicles around with it.

One more point to consider is how much time are you going to spend in your trailer? If travelling over the road, and you wind up in an area where it's raining for a week or so, you DEFINATELY want to consider that small, but IMPORTANT aspect, simply that of livibility. Do you two want to be constantly crawling over each other for a week straight in one of the smaller trailers? When ya look at one of the smaller models of trailers out there like the A-Liner, both of ya get inside, along with any pets, and picture being stuck inside for a week straight........that should hit home really quick. We have the equivelent of a 3023, and when we're sitting on the couch watching TV or something, it just seems huge to us!

Towability........We tow with a 1991 S-10 blazer with a 4.3L, and can hardly tell it's back there unless on a steep long grade. It tows as easy as my much smaller boat does! While towing, I get the same mileage outta my TV as I do driving around town which is about 17mpg. You might want to reconsider the TV as well due to the nature of your husband's work.......Photographing nature.....a 4wd TV will get you further out there for better pictures than a full sized van will, and as my rear seat's collapsible, it gives me PLENTY of cargo room.

Anyway, just a few thoughts that I noticed nobody mentioned prior, thought I'd throw them out there.......hope it helps!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails..........[/glow]