View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 12:45 PM   #5
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Wink It is a personal opinion ... I make a SWAG that you will be OK.

This is SWAG, because I have no experience in towing any Trailer with the Telluride. And the particular model of TM which you would be towing matters a lot: they have different weights, different wheelbases, and different centers of gravity (even before you include CG and weight changes caused by cargo and possible water).

My own older 4Runner SUV does a good job of towing my heavy but small TM 2619. I do need to downshift in mountain situations (both uphill and downhill). In my long history of TM towing, I have created "testing" emergency situations on purpose (in empty parking lots), but also encountered a few on-the-road situations calling for both heavy breaking and sudden avoidance of road debris.

Your Telluride is more powerful than my SUV, and it has an equal tow capacity rating. But it is not a frame-based vehicle. It may or may be able to handle a WDH-attached trailer, without suffering or creating "issues" in the very long term.

My SWAG would be "no problem! with regard to your larger SUV. There are several TM owners with Honda Ridgeline pickups (they are also unibody-based vehicle), and they don't report a lot of issues.