View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #10
MT Camper

I bought a 6 gallon gray tote for use in dumping the toilet when no more than 1/2 full and dump another gallon of clean water thru the red hose and then take the tote to a vault toilet or flush one at the campground. I then re-charge the toilet and either dump again at 1/2 or just open the toilet valve and close camper when leaving the campground. As I stated this way the toilet is never full.

Last trip I dumped into tote at 1/2 full and disposed of as above, then on last day I hooked up the gray tote and opened the exterior valve and dumped into it and used another gallon of clean water to clean toilet and red hose. Tote was still only about 4-5 gallons. Then we stopped at the dump station and I dumped the tote, cleaned it and the short red hose I use with it using the hose provided and then hooked up the gray hose and dumped it also. This way I didn't worry about opening up the camper for a few days since we had company coming to our house.

This worked for me and is as close as I can get to a cassette for now. I use the smaller tote because I don't want to lift anything bigger and I don't like the toilet sitting longer than about 1/2 full for smell and in general knowing what it is.