View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 01:03 PM   #18
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re:Gonna replace my Cherokee with a Tundra

Quote:
I was going to add heavy duty anti-sway-bars to the truck when I finally realized the source of the problem. The truck was factory equiped with P series passenger tires (for ride comfort). The relatively thin passenger car radial sidewall construction was letting the tread roll under in the turns. My next step was to replace the truck tires with ones that were LT rated before the next RV year.
Mike...

Yep, you nailed it. Now that you mention it, having high quality Goodyear Wrangler LT tires on my Jeep is probably what's been saving my skinny butt so far. I'm really glad you mentioned this issue with the P-Series tires...Toyota (like all the other manufacturers) is equipping the Tundra with P-Series tires for better ride quality.

I think one of the first things I'll do after I get this vehicle is head over to a tire store and get the best deal I can on a swap for good Goodyear Wrangler LT tires. It'll probably cost me around $150 to $200 per tire but it'll be worth it for safety (and off road traction). I'll gladly trade a bit of ride comfort for the strength and stability of real truck tires.

Quote:
I ended up replacing the tires along with the truck.
Well, that's one way to get new tires. I assume you're enjoying the new F250.
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote