View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
PopBeavers

I left one of those on while parked at my son's soccer tournament all day, and the car would no longer start.

How long have you been able to run it on a battery, any battery.

I started out with a Coleman ice chest that I bought in 1974. A few years ago it became cracked, so I bought two of the Coleman anniversary ones with the stainless steel exterior.

I have to add ice every other day, when the temperature is 90+. But the TM fridge will not keep my beer as cold as the ice and water.

I make blocks of ice at home using the larger OJ containers with the screw on tops. Two of these per ice chest and about 7 pounds of cube ice in each cooler has been doing well for drinks. We put some, but not much, food in it.

One trick that I learned recently is to save the water if you choose to drain some of it out. Capture it in a bucket of some sort and put your next batch of drinks (sitting in the shade on a hot day the are still pretty warm) and put them in this cold water that you would have otherwise discarded. After about an hour, put those partially cooled cans on ice. This will buy you some time, if you remember to do it.