Thread: Pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 06:04 PM   #10
oldstick
TrailManor Master

You guys are stirring up fond memories for me too. I seem to vaguely remember the name Kwick-Camp but not sure if I ever saw one, but seem to remember seeing some that resembled that type of design. And I definitely remember seeing the Cox style.

1960s for me also. Our first family excursion was with another family that had bought a small trailer, I believe the name was Eager Beaver. Dad borrowed an old canvas army tent (olive green, of course) from my uncle for us to sleep in. And interestingly both of us were families of 6. Eight kids total.

Then low and behold a few months later, he came home with a brand new Nimrod (appropriately named) pop-up with plastic roof that slept all six of us. Couple years later, he traded it for a deluxe sized (to us anyway) Starcraft that slept 8. We traveled many miles in that one, including fairly long trips to DC and the Blue Ridge Mts. and such places.

And if I recall, the Eager Beaver and both or our pop-ups were towed by Ford Galaxy station wagons of that era.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote