View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 06:13 PM   #1
Dodge trucker

Default Electric plug cover

Last campout (which was the first time with my 97 TM besides having set it up in the driveway) I had an issue with my power cord, the fingers in the cover are all busted out and I had to fish the plug out so I could plug into shore power.
I did and I went to a camper store near where we cped and bought a replacement. They had 2, I got the smaller one. .
Well it's set up in the driveway again, were headed out in a few days.
So i went to replace that camper cord receptacle housing. Well even the smaller one was too big. 3-1/4 diameter vs the original at 3". So I had to cut the hole in the sidewall a little bigger. The 3-1/4 "just" fit between the 2 walls, the back of the bathroom wall and the front of the outer storage compartment. I cut it out close them used a sandpaper flapper wheel to smooth it out and final fit the new cover. .but it was a TIGHT fit. I mean the sides of the new one are right up against the paneling on both sides as described above.
While I had the cord all the way out I noticed a varmint nest in that space where the cord stores .... Great. I was able to squeeze a shop vac hose in with the cord pulled out and suck it out but I'm hoping this isn't the beginning of a major situation.
I have only had this camper about 6 weeks, don't know if it came home with me from Wisconsin or whether the varmints discovered this camper and that hiding spot once I got it back to Illinois.
Dodge trucker is offline   Reply With Quote