View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

Thanks for the replies. I was able to get on an 8 ft. ladder and use a squeegee to clean all the leaves and branches off the top. Looks kind of like the surface of a giant golf ball . However, there is no damage to to solar panel (I woke up in the middle of the night worrying about that) and the skylights, antenna and air conditioner seem undamaged. The solar panel controls show a normal charge of 13.4 volts. So, really it's only cosmetic damage as far as I know for now. A mile one way and I wouldn't have had any damage. A few miles another and I would have had tennis ball sized hail----purely luck of the draw. I feel really lucky having seen far worse hail damage in my life--grew up in the Texas panhandle and there have been some epic hail storms along the Colorado front range ( I replaced three roofs in 4 years back in the '70's).
I watched dent masters remove a door ding from my SUV and basically they gain access to the inside of a panel through existing holes or they make one to gain access. Don't think that would would work with Trailmanor's laminate construction.
Thanks again for the replies.
Mark
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote