View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
momof2

Default Wannabe, but first I have to have a tow vehicle!

Hello,

I'm no longer a lurker! I first saw the TM at a camper show in Nashville TN last year. I was so impressed and now I've got the bug. Growing up we had a Hi-Lo, so I've had some exposure. I currently drive a Dodge Dakota Quad cab approching 100,000 miles. We've started looking at new trucks and I want to go on and get a tow package on it. We're looking at a Honda Ridgeline, another Dodge Dakota, and probably before all is said and done Toyota and Nissan mid-size will get a look see. My main question is what do I need to know about tow packages. I've read on WDH and some of it greats real technical. What is a brake controller, is it best to get it installed at purchase time or wait until we get the camper? What about sway bars? Now or later.

What ever the vehicle, we will be towing a 2619 swing hitch with ( about 16" left in the garage) or a 2720 swing hitch (no room in the garage).

We will be camping in the Middle TN area. Relatively flat, with the excepting of Mt Eagle Mtn. (I think 6% grade over 4-6 miles.)

Any help deciding on the tow vehicle would be appreciated, any middle or east TN owners input extremely welcome!

Thanks so much!
momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote