View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 05:21 AM   #4
Sinclue
Site Sponsor

Default Re: TrailManor Accessories

Congrats on joing this august body!  We know you'll enjoy your TM and this board is the greatest resource.

1. Hoses-best to not use a garden hose for water you'll want to drink.  Get one rated for "fresh water".  They are usually white in color.  As for the hose on a spool they seem convenient.  However, the one I had required you to roll the whole thing out before you could use it.  That meant you had 25+'  of hose that kinks up really easily.  I took one of the white hoses and cut off about five feet.  Added the fittings to all ends and now we have a longer hose, plus a short piece that is really all that is needed in a lot of campgrounds.  As a backup extension we do have a 10' flat hose we got at Camping World (just folds up into a small bundle).  
We have a regulator, but haven't used it in 10 years.  We mostly dry camp however. I'm not sure, but I think that if you use one of those inline water filters it may also serve to regulate pressure. Anybody know for sure?  

If you dry camp I'd suggest getting what I think is called a "water thief".  Its a rubber nozzle that slips snugly over campground spigots  (which frequently are not threaded).  It has a hose fitting on the end so you can attach your hose.  You can fill up in a lot more places.  We also carry one of those collapsible 5 gal containers so that we can haul water to the trailer if we need to add more during our stay.

We tow with a '98 Safari also.  Get a Weight Distributing hitch if you don't have one.  We have the sway control, but have never felt the need to use it.  I purchase mirrors from Camping World that slip over the van's mirrors.  They are called CIPA Slip-on Tow Mirrors.  They are about $25 for each side, but you can usually get them cheaper at one of their frequent sales.  You can still use the power mirror function of your van (if you have it).

Jim
Sinclue is offline   Reply With Quote