View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I follow the TM manual winterizing instructions, then I do blow out the lines. I close all the valves and faucets and hook up my compressor to the city water hose fitting. I open and close one valve and hot and cold water side of the faucets at a time and then the inside and out side shower hoses and the kitchen sink sprayer hose. I leave all the valve or faucet open until it's just air with some water vapor and than close it and move on to the next valve or faucet. After blowing out the lines, I re-open all the valves and faucets. I maybe get 16 oz of water out of the lines with most of that water being from the spray hoses for the Kitchen sink and showers.

I also pump about 20 oz of antifreeze through the water pump using a hose I connect to the water pump. It more out of habit from my years of winterizing different campers. I did have a sureflo water pump freeze on a none TM camper because water was trapped in the pump after draining and blowing out the lines. It ended up cracking the plastic between the cam and the diaphragm. It did not leak, but would barely pump.

You can pour the antifreeze into to the fresh water tank. I use a shurflo 90 degree fitting (234-3916) with a hose and screw it onto the pump input side and pump it straight out of the antifreeze jug. I pump it for about 5 seconds, with all the low point drains and faucets open, except the fresh water holding tank drain if you poured the antifreeze in the tank. If you poured the antifreeze in the tank, then drain the left over antifreeze out of the fresh water tank back into the antifreeze jug and leave the drain open.

I also put about 8-12 oz down each drain to protect the traps. I end up using about 1 gal every 3 years using the fitting and hose.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote