View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Hi Rick,

You said you were doing this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
  • If you already have a Solar Controller, the you can do a similar "Voltage Bump" while still using the Bargman Cable "Trailer Battery Charge wire": Increase TV-supplied Voltage to 24V, and use a Relay in the TM to determine input Voltage and switch the TV "Trailer Battery Charge" wire to (a) it's original 12V connection; or (b) the Solar "Panel Input +" connection. This involves a lot of Switches and Relays, in both the TV and the TM. It also costs more than the 120VAC solution - but it avoids the second electrical cable between TV and TM. (I am personally doing this one.)
Could you explain how you are increasing the Tow Vehicle voltage from 12 to 24 volts?

I am assuming there is is a DC to DC Converter and you have tied it in the charge line after the Bargman Plug so the converter is located on the TM. Can you share the make and model of the converter you are using?

Do you have a wiring diagram showing your relays and switches for this setup? And again any manufacturers and model numbers for the relays and switches would be helpful.

Thanks, Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote