View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 11:21 AM   #10
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Default Aliner easier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Deb -

I'll say right up front that I love TrailManors - I now own my third one since 2002. But Kory makes a good point about ease of opening. The Trail Manor videos suggest that you can open one with little more than a gentle tug. And apparently some owners actually achieve this. But I have never been one of them, no matter how much I fiddle. And enough owners report the same thing that I suggest you be wary.

If I understand correctly, you describe yourself as a girl of a certain age, who will be traveling alone. If you show up at a campground after dark, or in the rain, and need to go hunting for someone to help you open your rig, you won't be happy. At very least, if you find a TM that you like, you should be sure to open and close it a couple times to be sure it is manageable.

I've never opened an A-Liner, so I have no idea how easy or hard it is. But I would suggest the same thing - try it before you buy it. Again as Kory suggested, a TM and an A-Liner are so different that it is hard to compare them in any meaningful way. And just to cloud the issue, I'll ask if you have considered a small upright trailer? Even something like a 17-foot Casita with toilet and shower would be better than an A-Liner in many important ways.

Bill
The Aliner IS easier to open with one person. (The TM I have with a rooftop AC makes it possible for one person, but it isn't what I'd call easy. The DW can do it by herself but it's hard). For me, the fully functional bathroom and a REAL bed place the TM over the Aliner ANYDAY. I'm going to adjust my torsion bars this weekend and see if I can get some better lift characteristics, I'm also looking into some mechanical advantage for lifting the front cap.
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote