View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 08:17 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Deb -

I'll say right up front that I love TrailManors - I now own my third one since 2002. But Kory makes a good point about ease of opening. The Trail Manor videos suggest that you can open one with little more than a gentle tug. And apparently some owners actually achieve this. But I have never been one of them, no matter how much I fiddle. And enough owners report the same thing that I suggest you be wary.

If I understand correctly, you describe yourself as a girl of a certain age, who will be traveling alone. If you show up at a campground after dark, or in the rain, and need to go hunting for someone to help you open your rig, you won't be happy. At very least, if you find a TM that you like, you should be sure to open and close it a couple times to be sure it is manageable.

I've never opened an A-Liner, so I have no idea how easy or hard it is. But I would suggest the same thing - try it before you buy it. Again as Kory suggested, a TM and an A-Liner are so different that it is hard to compare them in any meaningful way. And just to cloud the issue, I'll ask if you have considered a small upright trailer? Even something like a 17-foot Casita with toilet and shower would be better than an A-Liner in many important ways.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote